This article centralizes on the best practices and strategies suggested by some renowned experts to implement when it comes to test implementation. We recommend you to follow these practices in every automation projects you lay your hands on.
- Hire a devoted Automation Engineer or a team – First thing first. It all begins with dedicated personnel. Don’t assign your manual testers with the test automation task. If you do want to indulge them, then free them from manual testing work. Test automation is a full-time task and for the very same you require dedicated resources. You can also hire an Automation architect.
- A test automation tool is vital, but that’s not all – Selecting a right tool is just a mere beginning. Not all automation tools deliver you everything. Yes, they make the process easier but you need skilled resources from accelQ in order to accomplish the process. Their skilled resources help in coming up with workaround which helps in taking the process forward.
- Select the automation tool which is familiar to your resources – If your personnel and other resources are familiar with C3 and the tested applications are also developed in C3, then let them have it. There is no point installing an automation tool which is not familiar to your resources at all. It takes time to learn a language. You can avoid this learning curve by purchasing a tool which offers minimal learning curve.
- Get acquainted with the application being tested – When it comes to tool selection, it is mostly dependent on the technologies fused in your products. Get acquainted with your product from inside out before proceeding with the automation. If it a web application, make sure you know which browser does it support. If it is a desktop application, make sure you know which language it is developed upon. What kind of third-party controls will be required by the application, etc. It makes it easier to carry out further processes.
- Good automation is tantamount to a good manual test case – We recommend you to firstly pen down the test case in manual form. Ascertain all prerequisites and test data. List out the steps in a clear manner and write the anticipated results in front of each step. The aim should be unequivocal and should be less dependent on other test cases. This test should be run manually at least once.